The Leibniz Computing Center (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Munich has a wide range of expertise in the area of grid computing:
- Active participation in grid middleware development (UNICORE and GLOBUS).
- Access to the LRZ high-end computing platforms via grid middleware (UNICORE and GLOBUS).
- Collaboration with the astrophysics community: use of CACTUS grid application on LRZ's high-end computer Hitachi SR8000.
- Preparatory work in the projects GridLab and GriKSL.
- Participation in several work groups of the D-Grid integration project.
- Facilitation of an interface between the German Astronomy Community Grid (GACG) and the D-Grid integration project.